Innovation is a driving force in business these days and gives companies their competitive edge. So how do you promote creativity and innovation in the workplace? In the article “Why You Should Treat Your Employees Like Children” Anita Campbell offers suggestions on how to foster innovation through encouraging creativity among employees. Here is a summary of her tips.
- Encourage employees to ask questions and find answers.
- Appreciate creativity even if it fails.
- Know which rules can be broken to foster creativity.
- Have fun and don’t expect the workplace to be serious all of the time.
- Expect with creative employees you might have more drama.
- Give employees slack to try things on their own.
- Let employees explore departments outside of theirs.
- Allow employees time alone to think.
- Don’t get hung up on being too organized.
- Encourage friendships among different departments.
- Set employees up with mentors.
To read the full article click here.
Have any examples of how you have inspired creativity in your workplace? Share them in the comments!